5/01/2013

Wedding gown Shopping

After founding the best venue for our wedding, the next big thing to do is finding the best wedding gown.

In Hong Kong, most people rent their wedding gown (something borrow?), and it makes sense to me, what am I going to do with big wedding gown after the wedding? I can not wear it to my company Christmas party, can I? After visiting the gown shop on Las tunas, I just give up the idea of renting one. They do not have much option and it's expensive.

Somehow I found this little shop online - SimplyBridal.

I never buy clothes online because I believe I have to try it before buying any clothing. I believe all the clothes will look good on stick thin model but not on me. Good thing is, SimplyBridal has a showroom in downtown LA that will carry most of their wedding gowns sample and I immediately pick up the phone.

To be very honest, there was a moment I almost gave up on SimplyBridal. I tried to call their hotline many times for appointment BUT no one picking up the phone, or there was one time a girl picked up and told me they are fully-booked, and I will have to call back in 2 months to check if there's any opening. (For a moment I thought they are not legit / or they are those crappy internet selling company that offer crappy product/job.) Anyway, I called many times (I'm persist) and finally made an appointment.

I went there with hub. SimplyBridal showroom was amazing, it is located at a service apartment overlooking the whole downtown LA. The view was breathe-taking. The apartment has a modern and contemporary look, and it was very open, they had big windows that allows sunlight to go into. The whole feeling just gave me a perfect mood for trying out gowns. (at least better than DB)

Feel very modern and contemporary.
Wedding gowns..
Big size window overlooking downtown Los Angeles

After flipping though many bridal magazines, I had a few gowns in my mind. I focus on trying all their A-line or ball gown type dresses. To me, sheath or mermaid or empire just does not say "wedding" to me :/ I also had my eyes on all the sweetheart neckline gowns, it just flatter my big boobs more than the flat one.
A Maggie Sottero Wedding gown from David Bridal (1k+) (left) ; Simply Bridal (right) 

Simply Bridal wedding gowns; Skye gown (left) and xx gown (right)
I like the way they only serve one customer per appointment, so their staff can better help me to find the best dress possible. The showroom manager was very helpful and friendly. I tried on more than 10 dresses and she was still very patient and professional. (unlike the staff from DB, she got very impatient when I was trying my 4th gowns.) She even suggested me to buy one size smaller than my usual size, so the dress will fit me better. (I might be wrong, but I think they only carry sample sizes at their showroom.)

After trying many dresses, I finally decided on my gown. (YAY) Placing order was easy, and I was told they will ship out the dress in about 2 months, however, I got mine 2 weeks earlier, so this was nice!

The "Simply Bridal" package

Overall, the dress was well made. It was stuffed inside a plastic vacuumed bag. So, when I took the dress out, it was all winkled. The length was a bit too long but it was understandable, I took it to the tailor and get it altered to my length, steamed and pressed to perfection. I was really happy with the gown, I got many compliment at my wedding! =) Glad I got it from Simple Bridal.




No comments: