4/21/2013

We are married!

How am I going to start blogging about my wedding? I guess before I told you anything, I need to confess. E and I were married before we had started planning. From the moment we decided to spend the rest of our life together, to actually signing the legal documents, it only took us about a week. I got a friend (who is one of my bridesmaid in my grand wedding), she can help with all the legal process! The only thing we need is pick a day and place, and we did it at Peet's Coffee in Pasadena, California (my mom was like WHAT? a COFFEE HOUSE!?) Yes, because this is a very special place for us, this is where we first met and fall in love... So everything was a done deal before all the wedding planning madness began. At one point during my wedding planning, I was thinking actually it was a great (the BEST) idea. WHY? Because no matter how crazy, annoyed, paranoid I am, we can't back down, we can't just run away and pretend nothing happened. We have to learn to deal with each other. I guess this is how marriage works. HA!

Signing legal papers 
vows
I now pronounced you man and wife, you may kiss the groom.

Just like every brides did, I browsed thu all the bridal magazines, websites. Every single one of them said we have to find THE VENUE first, it determined the tone of the actual wedding. Alrighty! The first place I visited was the Marriott in Cerritos, California. It was surrounded by many tall business buildings, there's nothing gardeny nor romantic. For those who knew me, I was born in a very romantic day, so i love everything romantic, dreamy, soft and/or pink. I immediately knew this is not the place for me. I mean I can still make it work, but then I will have to spend lot of money on decorations (which I am not planning to.) (BUT the good thing about this place is: the price is lovely, and the catering manager there is very friendly and talkative, which is always a plus! She even recommended a MC/DJ which I hired eventually.) E and I visited many others venues before settling at the InterContinental Los Angeles Century City by Beverly Hills.

The hotel is located in Avenue of the Stars (星光大道) in Century City, California. Minute away from Beverly Hills. Fox studio is next to the hotel. Location is perfect!

When we first arrived at the hotel, I immediately felt in love with their garden. The size of the garden is not big, but very cosy and has a romantic feeling. I always dream about a garden wedding, and this is just perfect for me. I can definitely see myself walking down here. Everything looked amazing in this hotel, HaHa... Elizabeth (catering manager) showed us one special feature of this hotel. On the day of wedding, bride and groom can take pictures at the helicopter rooftop (turned out it was a disaster, but it's another story, I will get to it later...) It overlooks the whole downtown Los Angeles and the very famous IM Pei building (I forgot the name.). The view was stunning, we loved it so much. We cancelled all other appointments and put down our deposit right away. =)

Beautiful helicopter rooftop (this picture was taken half year before our grand wedding)

So one task down, million more to go....

No comments: